One of my great passions is to help dietitians develop their video skills. I was fortunate to have Abbey Sharp of Abbey’s Kitchen be a guest for my Live event in my private group for dietitians, Making Videos for Dietitians, to get her expert feedback on You Tube. Abbey is a veteran You Tube star and has built her brand and nutrition expertise on this valuable platform. She has taken this experience and started Sharper Edge Media Training for food bloggers and dietitians.
You Tube is such a huge opportunity for dietitians that is underutilized in our field. The need for credible information on nutrition is so needed with unqualified people making false or dangerous recommendations. Abbey discussed this with me in a past post, Why Dietitians Should Be On You Tube. With her latest training program, I was excited to sit down and talk in more detail about her work on You Tube.
Here are some of my favorite highlights from the video interview.
- You don’t need a production crew to make You Tube videos.
- Learn to improv. Don’t look like you are reading from a cue card.
- Change your mindset from what you want to talk about to SEO, as well as listening to viewers and readers.
- You have to interact and engage on You Tube to build your community.
- Connect and collaborate with other You Tubers.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!