I entered 2017 with a plan and goals. I like to make my plan week by week and month by month. The first week of January I am always a mess. I am putting away Christmas and redecorating my house. I am getting my kids schedule together, as well as my own. It’s not really until the second or third week that I find time to get all my plans on the table and start with a plan of action. One of my goals this year is to do more meal prepping. I got a job as an adjunct professor, teaching online this semester, so time is limited with my jam packed schedule.
I like to break my plans down into chunks. It’s not as overwhelming and I can focus on one area at a time. When working with clients, I also like to chunk things out,
so small changes can lead to big results. Many people have a difficult time with breakfast. We all can get bored sometimes. These make ahead breakfast ideas can help put a little pep in your morning step!
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal (gluten free if desired)
- 1 Tbsp peanut flour
- ¾ cup milk or non dairy milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- peanuts for garnish
- In a mason jar, combine oatmeal, peanut flour, and milk.
- Stir or shake and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, remove oats from fridge and top with banana, chocolate chips, and peanuts.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!