Easter has come and gone, and I am left with tons of Easter eggs and leftover ham! I made some Meal Prep Bagelwiches for breakfast on the go. Now, I need to make something new. I love a good salad and ham and hardboiled eggs mean that I can make a filling Cobb salad to make a delicious lunch or dinner.
What makes a great salad? Is it the lettuce or the add ins? For me, it’s a little bit of both. The lettuce can make or break your salad. I love Bibb lettuce. It’s so soft and buttery like. Green leaf and red leaf are also soft, and I love all the textures and color you get when you add them all together. If you are a traditional iceberg lettuce person, I promise you will notice a nice difference with any of these lettuce choices in this recipe.
The add ins are equally as important. You can add more texture, color, and taste. You could easily add fruit or sunflower seeds, but I went for the traditional Cobb Salad of ham, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, and hard boiled eggs.
The dressing adds another level of taste and texture. I made a simple Avocado Dressing that is so creamy and tasty with all the other elements.
Now, let’s get to the recipe!
- ½ head of green leaf lettuce
- ½ head of red leaf lettuce
- ¼ head of Bibb lettuce
- ½ cup chopped ham
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in a small jar and set aside.
- Start on salad by chopping lettuce and placing it in a large bowl and tossing until combined.
- Layer ham, tomatoes, green onions, sliced egg, and avocado on top of the salad.
- Serve with Avocado Dressing.
How are you using up your Easter leftovers?
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!