Get your kids to assemble and make this Superhero Lunchbox to keep them ‘POWered Up’ through the school day! Making half their lunchbox fruits and vegetables helps them get the nutrients they need. My family is a little obsessed with superheroes. A few years ago I developed a Eat Like a Superhero MyPlate kit that I used to teach nutrition education to my kids’ elementary classes. I used this handout featured below to teach them how to “Hero Up” their plates. This lunchbox will have your kids eating like superheroes!
I love to do themes for my kids! They like to make their own now and put their own creative spin to it. What themes do your kids like? How can you make it into a lunchbox?
- • 2 pieces 100% whole grain bread
- • 2 teaspoons condiment of choice
- • 2 slices lean luncheon meat
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 round cookie cutter
- 1 star cookie cutter
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 container yogurt
- 1 bottle water
- Assemble sandwich: bread, turkey, and 1 slice of cheese.
- Cut out with a round cookie cutter and set aside.
- With other slice of cheese, cut out a star using a star cookie cutter and place it on top of the round sandwich.
- Assemble the lunchbox: Tomatoes, Blueberries, Yogurt, Sandwich.
- Don't forget to add water for hydration.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!