Kick off grilling season with these easy Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs!
Chicken is a staple in our house so I came up with these delicious Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs. My husband’s family is from Puerto Rico and when I want to flavor, I now gravitate toward cumin, oregano, and garlic. The honey and lime go quite well with these flavors.
Do you get bored with chicken? I do at times! I love keeping recipes like this saved because this is one I have made over and over again. I hope you will too!
This recipe for Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs is rooted in Puerto Rico, the inspiration to create this recipe. The honey and lime compliment the spices and garlic in this dish perfectly. Garlic and oregano is a mainstay in most dishes so it most definitely belonged in this one. I decided to use boneless and skinless thighs for easy of preparation and less fat.
Want to see how easy it is to make? Check out my video below!
Now that you are hooked it’s time to grab the recipe!
- 1.75 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6 total)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a medium dish, add salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic to chicken thighs.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, and honey.
- Stir until combined.
- Add honey mixture to chicken and cover with plastic wrap.
- Marinate from 1-3 hours.
- Heat cast iron grill pan on high heat for 5 minutes until hot.
- After marinating, add chicken to pan and sear for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid, and continue to cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip chicken, cover with lid, and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Do you want some more reader favorite chicken recipes? Don’t miss my Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken Thighs.
It also pairs well with my Easy Watermelon and Mango Salsa.
Go ahead and PIN IT for later!
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!