If you have a blog or nutrition business, you want to let people know you are there. If you want them to keep coming back, you will need to let them know a little about you and what you have to offer. In this post, I want to give you the tools on how to make an intro video for your blog or nutrition business, even if you have never made a video before. You don’t have to be a professional videographer to get your message across. There are lots of free and low cost tools to help you introduce yourself to your audience.
In my Facebook group, Making Videos for Dietitians, I launched an Introduction Challenge. I encouraged my members to tell me 3 things on a quick cell phone video. I wanted to know the following:
- Who you are: Say hello! Tell them your name, your credentials, where you are from, or whatever else you want your audience to know about you.
- What you offer: Tell them about your blog or business. Go into detail about the why behind the what so they have a greater understanding of your passion. Don’t be afraid to show off your passion!
- Call to Action: What do you want them to do? Do you want them to subscribe to your blog newsletter or YouTube channel? You may tell them how to follow you on social media. Make sure you make it clear what you want them to do.
Just answering these simple questions can be a big game changer for your blog or business, and it helps build some momentum. If you absolutely do not want to be on video, you can still make an intro video that attracts people by using words and pictures. I made a video for my group with just words and 2 pictures. I could just use this as promo video as well. It took me 10 minutes, and I love how it turned out! You can see for yourself.
It wouldn’t be a very good post, if I didn’t point out the tools you need to make this. If you have a video editing software, you can upload your video and edit as needed. If you just want to use words and pictures, you may consider some of the following free platforms.
- Adobe Spark: You may not get a ton of freedom when it comes to text placement, but you can pull off a good video with it.
- Lumen 5: You get a lot more control of placement of text.
- Biteable: I am not sure if you have a watermark on the free version, but their templates are great.
Have you made an intro video? I would love to see it! Post a link in the comments below!
If you need more resources on video on making videos for your blog or nutrition business, search through my posts.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!