Are you bored with snack time? I know I get in a rut all the time. During these times, I also seem to snack on unhealthier choices. What does one do? It’s all about flavor! It’s time to elevate your snacks with more flavor! I wanted to take boring yogurt and make it something special, almost like having dessert! Filled with protein, calcium, Vitamin C, and fiber, you can enjoy snack time again!
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 container Greek yogurt
- fresh mint leaves garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and lemon zest. (Let marinate for the best flavor)
- Place strawberry mixture on Greek yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!