After a long week, I wanted to make something special. I have started a new job teaching, homeschooling my son, and playing taxi mom. It’s been a great, but I am ready for some R & R! I have been thinking about zucchini bread for a month. Why haven’t I made it sooner? Well…the dog, the husband, the son, the daughter, the laundry, the cleaning, and more laundry. Need I say more? Today, I couldn’t wait any longer.
I love baking! I also love playing with gluten free flours. I have recently started by King Arthur’s Gluten Free Mix, Measure for Measure. It’s definitely differently than other mixes I have used. It makes a much more dense batter. It’s important to note that in gluten free baking if you don’t use the same flour, you may not get the same results. When I first made this, I thought the batter was so dense and the bread wouldn’t turn out, but it did! The low calorie zucchini provides tons of moisture for this bread. It’s delicious!
See how easy it is to make for yourself! Subscribe on YouTube so you don’t miss a recipe!
- 2 cups Gluten Free Baking Mix (I used King Arthur Measure for Measure)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup organic canola oil
- 2 cups peeled & shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 10 inch loaf pan with oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and sift.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet into dry ingredients.
- Add zucchini and fold into mixture.
- Add ½ cup chocolate chips and fold into mixture.
- Place mixture into loaf pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 -60 minutes.
- Test with a clean knife.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!
This looks delicious!! The best way to get some extra veggies 🙂
Betsy Ramirez says
Thanks so much, Katherine! Yes, it is!