I am always trying to come up with fast and easy recipes. I don’t mean just easy to prepare, but easy on clean up, and on my wallet. This month’s Recipe Redux theme is healthy meals for $3 or less per serving. This sheet pan meal makes life easier in every way. Add some rice to this dish and dinner is done! This meal totals about $2.50 per serving. That is $10 for a family of four. Eat up! It’s yummy!
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound of frozen broccoli
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a freezer gallon bag, add chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, oil, and garlic.
- Reserve a ¼ cup mixture for broccoli.
- Place the rest of the mixture in the gallon sized bag with the chicken and seal.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place broccoli in bowl and toss with ¼ cup mixture.
- Place on half of the sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Place marinated chicken on the other of the sheet pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- While chicken and broccoli is roasting, place 1¾ cups of water in a saucepan.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tablespoon of oil and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low for 20 minutes.
- Once rice and chicken is done, serve and dinner is done!
Want some more budget friendly meal ideas? Check out what my fellow Reduxers have in the link below.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!