Hi, friends! I know it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve been around. I took a nice long break to visit family. It was so wonderful to share memories and food with those I love. I got to eat my mom’s amazing meatloaf which is one of my favorite things on the planet. My kids and boxer rode around my parents backyard in a golf cart every single day. We went to The Parthenon in Nashville and had fun at a Nashville Sounds game. Now, I am back in my own kitchen making dinners my family loves while trying to keep my kitchen clean. These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas take 30 minutes to get on the table! I would like to tell you that there will be leftovers, but it was gobbled up pretty quick.
Little prep is involved in this quick and simple dish. I put a pot of rice on the stove when the pan went in the oven. I cut up some fresh strawberries and avocado and dinner was ready in 30 minutes. These are the meals I just love; little prep, little clean up, and little time! Sheet pan dinners are pretty popular and I did Asian Sheet Pan Chicken and Broccoli not long ago using the same formula but different flavors. I made you a shopping list so it’s even easier for you!
- 2 lbs. chicken tenderloins (10-12 per pack)
- 3 large limes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Juice 2 limes and place in a casserole dish.
- Combine spices: oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and fresh garlic.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of spice mixture for the vegetables.
- Season chicken tenderloins with remaining spices.
- Place chicken in the casserole dish with the lime juice.
- Cover and marinate 15 minutes in the refrigerator. After 15 minutes, flip chicken over for a full marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While chicken is marinating slice vegetables and place them on a sheet pan covered in parchment paper.
- With remaining tablespoon of spice mixture, season the vegetables.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and toss to lightly coat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place next to the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze half a lime over sheet pan and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas, rice, avocado, and fresh fruit.
Do you make sheet pan dinners? What is your favorite?
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!