I love a good chicken salad for lunch! I have been pretty obsessed with my Tuna Avocado Salad until this week. I needed a change of pace, and I love picking up rotisserie chicken to use for a variety of dishes. I really love peanuts, and I thought a peanut sauce would be really delicious in a chicken salad. I also like to meal prep lunches for my busy weeks that include a lot of vegetables.
These vegetables packed some powerful vitamins! I used the leftover veggies to pack up my lunches to provide a colorful and fiber filled side dish.
Cucumbers – Vitamin K, water
Red Peppers – Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A
Carrots – Vitamin A, Biotin, Vitamin K
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tbsp diced cucumber
- 3 tsp diced red pepper
- 3 tsp diced shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp peanut sauce
- Shred the white breast from a rotisserie chicken.
- In a medium bowl, add diced cucumber, diced red pepper,diced carrots, and crushed peanuts.
- Pour peanut sauce over chicken, veggies, and peanuts.
- Fold salad together.
- Place 2 containers side by side and split chicken mixture between the two.
- Add leftover red peppers and cucumbers as side items in the container.
- Enjoy your lunch!
What is your favorite salad for lunch?
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!