Every time I go to the grocery store, my daughter goes on the hunt for granola bars. She really loves them. What I don’t love about them is that they can have way too much sugar and not enough nutrition. With her newfound passion to cook, I had her make these No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. They are so easy and pumped full of Omega 3’s and fiber that store bought granola bars don’t have. We also made sure to grind our chia seeds. While they are good for you, we really prefer not to pick them from our teeth.
Chunky peanut butter really works the best with these granola bars. Anytime you buy natural peanut butters, you will have to stir them. I stir it and then turn it upside down and put it in the fridge. If you can’t use nut butters due to nut allergies, substitute a seed based butter. One of my very favorites is Betsy’s Best Seed Butter! Yes, her name is Betsy! No, it’s not me!
So back to these bars, my daughter loved making these! It’s such an easy recipe to make with your kids. They will love putting one of their creations in their lunchbox or having it as an after school snack.
- 1 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- ½ honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal (use gluten free if desired)
- 2 Tbsp ground chia seed
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ cup allergen friendly mini chocolate chips (dairy free, soy free, gluten free)
- Prepare a square pan with parchment paper & set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients together: peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl
- Add dry ingredients: oatmeal, flax, chia, and chocolate chips.
- Mix dry into wet and combine well.
- Pour into square baking dish and press down.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 Tbsp of chocolate chips and press down firmly, using parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 10 bars.
- Share and enjoy!
Have you subscribed on my YouTube Channel? Go ahead! Don’t miss a recipe!
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!