Perfect for toast or your PB & J sandwich, this Strawberry Chia Jam won’t leave seeds in your teeth! Chia naturally thickens when left to sit for a bit. I personally don’t like eating them unless they are ground. You get the same effect without the hassle of having to pick them out of your teeth. This recipe requires minimal effort and can be whipped up in 15 minutes with minimal clean up.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seed
- Quarter strawberries, removing tops.
- Add to a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp honey.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat to low and add vinegar and ground chia seeds.
- Combine well and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!