To say that I am a little obsessed with my Instant Pot is an understatement. I don’t even remember the last time I even touched my slow cooker. My Instant Pot makes everything so much faster and tender. I have always made chicken salad by boiling my chicken. It’s a Southern thing we do for anything salad or casserole. Yes, we boil our chicken. Now that I have my Instant Pot, I will use it for my chicken salad or casserole recipes. This Instant Pot Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans is so good and easy. I made a big batch so I have plenty to get me throughout the week.
This recipe started with a large 6 pack of chicken breasts being on sale at the grocery store. Sometimes, I let the sales at the store do all my meal planning. It’s easy on my wallet, and then I just have to match the meat to the sides. I am not a big fan of grilled chicken breasts, but I do like them in my slow cooker or in a casserole. Chicken salad is really a staple of Southern culture. I can’t really remember my childhood without it. There are different variations on it over the years but I always tend to go back to my favorite with grapes and pecans. I know, many of you die hard chicken salad fans really love your celery in it. I just don’t. That is the beauty of chicken salad. You can make it whatever you want it to be.
First, we start with the chicken. This is the longest part of the process. You need to season your chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. Then, you add 1 cup of chicken broth and add the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
Cover and pressure cook the chicken for 15 minutes, allowing to Natural Release for 5 minutes.
While it’s still hot, add it to your mixer with your paddle and mix until shredded. It only takes a couple of minutes. You will then need to store it in your fridge to cool.
Prepare your added ingredients and have them ready when your chicken has cooled off.
Once it’s mixed all together, put it back in the fridge and serve it later or the next day. A nice fluffy croissant is so perfect for this chicken salad!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped grapes
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, and garlic cloves to season the chicken breasts.
- Place in the Instant Pot on the trivet.
- Squeeze ½ lemon over the chicken.
- Cut the other half of the lemon into slices and place onto of chicken.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the Instant Pot.
- Cover, making sure it's sealed.
- Set it to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Natural pressure release (NPR) for 5 minutes.
- Vent the Pot.
- Once the silver tab drops, open the pot and remove the chicken with thongs into mixer bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix the chicken on low until shredded.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator to cool.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the chicken is cooled, add the mayo, grapes, pecans, and the remainder of the salt and pepper.
- Combine well.
- Place back into the fridge for at least one hour.
- Serve on a croissant or on lettuce leaves.
If you need some more fast and easy ideas, check out my recipes.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil, and Garlic
Broccoli Salad with Cranberries and Bacon
Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing
Author: Betsy Ramirez
Betsy is a registered dietitian/nutritionist, homeschool mom, & fairy tale junkie, who loves getting crafty. Being on my bike and lifting weights are my therapy. Thinking outside the box is my jam!
Doesn’t grapes give a sweet texture?
Betsy Ramirez says
Yes! It’s a classic Southern spin and it’s delicious!